Recipe: Anzac Biscuits
Summary: An Australian traditional hard sweet biscuit
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup unbleached plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 100 g (4 oz) butter 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Mix the coconut, flour, oats, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
- Dissolve the baking soda in boiling water.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan and add the baking soda and water mix. Pour this into the bowl of dry ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Put teaspoonfuls of the mixture on greased trays, leaving room for them to spread as they cook.
- Bake in the oven at 170°C (335°F) for 15–20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the tray and place on a wire rack to cool fully.
Cooking time (duration): 45
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: snack
Microformatting by hRecipe.