Summary: Delicious sweet morsels to die for
- 1 cup pistachio nuts
- 3 cups mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 8 loin chops
- Fry the pistachio nuts for 2 minutes in a moderately hot dry pan, taking care not to burn them. Grind them finely, but not to a meal, in a mortar and pestle.
- Process the mint with the ground pistachios in a food processor. Place the mint and pistachio mix in a bowl and stir in the oil and honey. Mix well. Season with a little salt.
- On a cast-iron griddle, seal the surface of the chops quickly to avoid the juices being drawn out. It is better with chops not to use an open flame grill, as the fat drops onto the flame and can create an inferno that will burn the outside of the meat.
- Cook anywhere from 6 to 10 minutes; they ought to remain pink on the inside.
- To serve, place the chops on a plate and top with mint pesto. Serves 4
Cooking time (duration): 15
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Microformatting by hRecipe.