This salad shows off the essence of the capsicum, combining roasted red peppers, chill and paprika with juicy ripe summer tomatoes.
Recipe: Red Pepper Tomato and Chilli Salad
Summary: This salad shows off the essence of the capsicum, combining roasted red peppers, chilli and paprika with juicy ripe summer tomatoes
- 4 red capsicum
- 4 juicy very ripe tomatoes
- 1 small hot red chilli
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dolce sweet paprika
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Blacken capsicum on grill. Remove to a bowl and cover with cling wrap and leave to sweat and cool.
- When cool remove skin and seeds from capsicum and cut into strips
- Cut tomatoes into eighths
- Finely chop red chilli
- Make a vinaigrette with oil and vinegar. When emulsified, toss in all ingredients and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4